Board of Trustees
KGI Trustees are visionary leaders in business, industry, and education. The Board of Trustees, in conjunction with other advisory boards at KGI, needs to keep the institute ever mindful of current features in the life sciences industry.
Trustees bear ultimate responsibility for directing the conduct of KGI's activities and affairs and for overseeing its operations, including:
- Approval of the institute's strategic plan, mission, and goals;
- Approval of the institute's annual operating plans, budget, and financial performance;
- Oversight of the institute's annual audit;
- Advisement on significant institutional and academic issues, actions, transactions, and legal matters;
- Nominations of trustees and assurance of effective governance;
- Selection of the president and plans for succession;
- Oversight of evaluations and compensation for the president and senior staff.