Contact UsDiana Bartlett
Assistant Vice President,
Phone: (909) 607-9864
Email: diana_bartlett[at symbol]kgi.edu
More projects than people?
Don't "back burner" problems or opportunities due to lack of professional resources. Outsource technical or business projects to a team of KGI graduate students. Your team will function as your external consulting group, enabling your organization to accomplish more in a given period of time.
TMPs help your organization do more
The Team Masters Project (TMP) at Keck Graduate Institute provides an opportunity for your company to tackle real-life needs and help address corporate objectives without having to invest in additional permanent assets. Your productivity is enhanced because you can manage multiple projects simultaneously.
An interdisciplinary team of students, working for several months – supervised by a KGI faculty member and in collaboration with your organization – delivers results on the project you identify.
The projects serve your corporate needs – as well as KGI’s pedagogical requirements for real world experiences that require students to draw upon their KGI coursework in science, engineering, and business.
Spanning the continuum from highly technical to highly business-oriented
KGI will work with you to help focus your project and maximize outcomes. Past projects vary greatly from science- to business-oriented and have included the following:
- Development of a quantitative decision framework for the commercial integration of whole genome sequencing into the sponsor's extensive service offerings
- Recommend an optimization strategy that balances internal v. external sourcing to help the company reduce a manufacturing bottleneck. The optimization strategy would minimally consider the following parameters: time, cost, resources, complexity, location, competency/expertise, communication, intellectual property, regulatory risk, quality and safety
- After conducting a thorough market analysis of each non-core asset, develop a recommendation on how the sponsor should relinquish several non-core pharmaceutical assets. This analysis (1) ascertained the current value of each program by reviewing competitors, stage of development, NPV of development and potential revenue, etc.; and (2) identified a list of targeted companies for potential partnerships, licensing deals, asset sales, etc.
- Creation of over-the-counter diagnostic test strips and corresponding business analysis for cystinuria
- Development of early warning systems to map emerging technologies and project their likely future impact on pharmaceutical markets; specified technologies included early stage compounds in a clinical area; therapeutic device technologies, related disposables, and related graft technologies; and diagnostics, including novel serological, cellular, histological, molecular and genetic assays
- Assessment of computational procedures commonly used to generate three-dimensional structures of small molecules and validation of same by comparing computer-generated and experimental structures
- Development of software and hardware tools for image acquisition and analysis of sensitive protein and peptide separation results
- Optimization of conditions for the oligonucleotide amplification system used with plant extracts
- Development and validation of novel methods for peptide and protein separations using the sponsor’s proprietary system
- Comprehensive evaluation of the technology (including engineering and physics of beam development), treatment outcomes/risks/successes, intellectual property issues, reimbursement environment, and regulatory situation for proton beam technology to be used in cancer treatment
Innovative solutions to Real World Problems
KGI takes the task of a TMP seriously, regarding the project as the capstone experience for graduates of our Master of Bioscience program. The TMP replaces the traditional master’s thesis work.By sponsoring a TMP, your organization benefits from:
- The opportunity to enjoy expanded management bandwidth without having to invest in additional permanent managerial assets
- A chance to address a specific opportunity or solve a problem that might otherwise have been relegated to a lower priority
- An integrated business/science perspective that more comprehensively analyzes a situation and recommends an action plan
- The opportunity for managers to oversee decision-making, project management, technology exploration, business analysis, and more with “best and brightest” students in the bioscience industry.
- The advantage of additional management experiences for one of your firm's newer managers
- The opportunity to tap into the abilities of KGI graduate students – some of the brightest talent in the US.