This webpage gives an overview of who we are, where we are located, and what we have to offer for K12 students and teachers.
Who are we?
- Keck Graduate Institute (KGI) is the newest member of the Claremont Consortium, which also includes the undergraduate colleges Pomona, Scripps, Claremont McKenna, Harvey Mudd, and Pitzer, as well as Claremont Graduate University.
- KGI offers expertise in biotechnology, bioengineering, and computational biology, in addition to business and bioethics.
- KGI’s science faculty, researchers, and students have backgrounds in biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics, engineering, computer sciences, and related areas.
- KGI is dedicated to education and research aimed at translating into practice, for the benefit of society, the power and potential of the life sciences.
- KGI offers a two-year professional Master of Biosciences (MBS) program, and a PhD program in applied life sciences.
Where are we located?
Keck Graduate Institute is located in Claremont, CA, just southeast of the village. Click here for a map and driving directions.
What do we offer for K12 students and teachers?
Keck Graduate Institute offers a variety of collaborative activities at the elementary, middle, and high school levels involving the Claremont Unified School District and surrounding school districts.
- Through our K12 partnership program, members of our faculty, research staff, and student body work with teachers at the elementary, middle and high school level who wish to enhance their science curriculum. Click here for more information.
- KGI offers a limited number of unpaid internship opportunities for high school students to gain hands-on research experience, and learn about the pursuit of a science or engineering related college education and career. Click here for more information.
- KGI hosts lectures, seminars and symposia of interest to the general public. Students and teachers from middle and high schools are welcome to attend these events free of charge. Click here for more information. Click here for more information.
- KGI hosts field trips for groups of students at the elementary, middle and high school level, which include overview presentations, lab tours and lab demonstrations. Click here for more information.
- Click here for a list of links to related websites and for additional information about enhancing the K12 science curriculum.