535 Watson Drive
Claremont, CA 91711 Location: Building 535
Phone: (909) 607-8590
Fax: (909) 607-8086
Email: admissions[at symbol]kgi.edu
|…I could not have even dreamed of moving across the country to start a new life. The education and priceless experiences that I have had here have far surpassed my expectations, and I fully intend on giving back to the institution that has taught me so much about who I am and who I want to be.
~ Christina Lai (MBS ’11)
KGI offers the following opportunities for financial aid:
- Fellowships are awarded to MBS applicants for multiple reasons. We offer three types of fellowship awards:
- Need-based aid is awarded to those students who have a financial need for additional funding. This is determined by the responses to the Fellowship Application for MBS applicants only.
- Merit-based aid is awarded to those students that have exceptional academic accolades and achievements. Student performance on the fellowship assessment is also taken into consideration for merit-based aid.
- Named Fellowships are awarded to students who meet the specific criteria set forth by our generous donors. Please see the Fellowship page for a sampling of our named fellowships.
- Student loans for domestic students are available through the U.S. Department of Education's Direct Loan program. Students may take any (or all of) the three types of loans specified below. For more information on lending limits, please see the student loans webpage.
- Subsidized loans do not begin charging interest until you begin repaying the loan because the federal government subsidizes the interest at this time.
- Unsubsidized loans begin charging interest from the time that your loan is disbursed until your loan is paid in full. You can choose to pay the interest as it accumulates and will receive bills while still in school that will allow you to pay the interest.
- Grad Plus loans are also unsubsidized and students are responsible for all interest accrued.
- Student loans for international students are available through the KGI International Student Loan Fund. For more information, please see the Student Loan section of the website.
For more information on Financial Aid, please contact the Financial Aid office at (909) 607-8590 or via email at Financial_Aid[at symbol]kgi.edu.