535 Watson Drive
Claremont, CA 91711 Location: Building 535
Phone: (909) 607-8590
Fax: (909) 607-8086
Email: admissions[at symbol]kgi.edu
Veterans' Education Benefits at KGI
Students who have been or are currently serving in the military may be eligible for VA Educational Benefits. Some benefits are also available to spouses or dependents of veterans. For information on selecting the right benefits for you, please visit the VA's Road Map for Success. Below is a step by step guide to using your benefits.
- Apply for Benefits. Once admitted to KGI, you will need to complete your application for VA Benefits. Your VA Benefits Application can take up to 8 weeks to be processed so it is recommended to begin this process as early as possible. If you prefer to submit a paper application please submit it to the KGI Certifying Official.
- Contact KGI's Certifying Official. Once you have received your Certificate of Eligibility you will need to turn in a copy of the following documents:
- Certificate of Eligibility
- Class Schedule
- Keep Us Updated. Please notify KGI's Certifying Official of any changes to your benefits, course schedule, and address. Failure to notify the KGI Certifying Official could result in payment delay/benefits ceasing.
Yellow Ribbon and Education Programs
KGI is proud to participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program. The Yellow Ribbon program has been approved for the Master of Bioscience (MBS), Postbaccalaureate Premedical Certificate (PPC), and the Postdoctoral Professional Masters (PPM). KGI will provide funds toward tuition and fees and Veterans' Affairs (VA) will match KGI's contribution for each eligible veteran student.
Eligibility criteria and benefits for veterans vary. Listed below are various education programs or chapters that veterans may be eligible for from the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs (USDVA).
- Chapter 30: Montgomery G.I. Bill-Active Duty
- Chapter 31: Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment
- Chapter 33: Post 9/11 GI Bill - Yellow Ribbon Program
- Chapter 35: Dependents Education Assistance (DEA)
- Chapter 1606: Montgomery G.I. Bill-Selected Reserve
- Chapter 1607: Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)
For more information on your benefits as well as checking the status of your benefits application, please contact the VA directly at 1-888-GI Bill 1 (1-888-442-4551)
For more information about KGI and the use of your benefits on our campus, please contact the Financial Aid office at (909) 607-8590 or via email at Financial_Aid[at symbol]kgi.edu.