Contact UsStudent Engagement and Enrollment Services
535 Watson Drive
Claremont, CA 91711 Location: Building 535
Phone: (909) 607-8590
Fax: (909) 607-8086
Email: admissions[at symbol]kgi.edu
Incoming International Students
Obtaining an I-20 or DS-2019
Once you are admitted into Keck Graduate Institute, you may apply for Certificate of Eligibility (COE) from KGI. The COE is Form I-20 for F-1 students or Form DS-2019 for J-1 students and scholars. In order to obtain an I-20 or DS-2019, first review the New International Student Checklist, then follow the following steps:
- Mail or fax in your "Letter of Intent" and submit a $200 enrollment fee.
- Submit your Financial Certification Form along with original financial support documents verifying the funding listed on the Financial Certification Form. The institution requires that student have proof of adequate support for one academic year.
- Submit form I-20/DS-2019 Request if you will be accompanied by dependents.
- Your I-20 or DS-2019 will be processed and sent to you via regular USPS mail.
Students who are transferring from another U.S. institution, please complete a Transfer In Form in addition to documents above. You will have 15 days from the start of classes to complete the transfer. Please see instructions for F-1/J-1 students transferring to KGI.
For processing purposes, please fax/email unofficial financial support documents in addition to mailing the originals to the International Student Counselor at (909) 607-8586 or email international[at symbol]kgi.edu.
Obtaining a Visa
The first thing you must do to arrange for your entry into the United States is to obtain an F-1/J-1 visa from a U.S. embassy or consulate near you. Before applying for a visa, check with the embassy/consulate for current procedures and required documents. Please refer to the Pre-Departure Information for additional information.
Instructions for F-1 Students Transferring to Keck Graduate Institute
In order to transfer your F-1/J-1 status from your current/previous school to Keck Graduate Institute, you must do the following:
- Have your current/previous school complete the Transfer In Form and return it to the KGI Admissions Office.
- Bring your passport, I-94 card and your KGI I-20 (if you have received it) to the International Student Counselor at KGI.
Please note: School transfers must be completed within the first 15 days of the semester.
If you leave the United States prior to arriving in Claremont, you should re-enter the U.S. using your KGI I-20. When you arrive in Claremont, you need to bring your passport, I-94 card and I-20 to the International Student Counselor.