Contact UsStudent Engagement and Enrollment Services
535 Watson Drive
Claremont, CA 91711 Location: Building 535
Phone: (909) 607-8590
Fax: (909) 607-8086
Email: admissions[at symbol]kgi.edu
|Start Semester||Initial Enrollment - Total||Graduation Rate - Male||Graduation Rate - Female|
Graduate Rate: 91%
Program Learning Outcomes
The outcomes for KGI's PPM program which will be reviewed in 2015 and then again every five years. The assessment tools usually involve the use of a rubric which is a sort of "score sheet" that is used to measure how well the program ensures that the learning outcomes are met.
- Students can communicate effectively in an industry environment composed of scientists, engineers, and business professionals
- Students can contribute productively on an interdisciplinary team tackling complex problems
- Students have the core business analysis and management knowledge needed for the bioscience industry and can assume leadership roles in realizing the goals of technical and business projects
- Students understand the business, research and development, regulatory, production, and marketing functions of the bioscience industry
- Students value the translation of basic science and engineering discoveries into products and processes, which benefit society
- Students adhere to ethical principles in research development and business issues inherent in bioscience industries
PPM students earned their PhD in 8 different countries (US, Canada, Italy, United Kingdom, Germany, India, Australia, China and Japan); 70% from US institutions. The majority of PPM students held a least one postdoc position before entering the program. The longest time spend in a postdoc position by a PPM student before coming to KGI, was 7 years. The ratio of male to female graduating PPMs is 1:1. About 50% of students were in non-immigrant visa holders during their time of studies, all but one in F1 category. The majority entered their first position after KGI on OPT, one graduate started working in the UK.
The majority (~75%) of students directly entered a full-time paid position after graduating from the program (Figure 1). Most graduates started their career after KGI in the biotech industry (Figure 2).
Figure 1: type of employment upon graduation based on survey results of PPM enrollment Fall 2009 - Fall 2012. The survey was sent to 39 graduates. This question had a response rate of 62% (24 answers). The majority of graduates (75%) started full-time employment upon graduation.
Figure 2: sector of employment upon graduation based on survey results of PPM enrollment Fall 2009 - Fall 2012. The survey was sent to 39 graduates. This question had a response rate of 56% (22 answers). The majority of graduates (75%) started full-time employment upon graduation. Other category was indicated as hospital, medical devices, Health IT and market intelligence.
KGI's curriculum covers a wide spectrum of knowledge and skill training. This proves to be a successful strategy as it prepares PPM graduates to be competitive to go into many areas (Figure 3).
Figure 3: Alumni survey reveals that PPM graduates enter positions with a wide spectrum of involvement. Respondents weren't limited in the amount of answers. This question had a response rate of 49% (19 participants).
The median starting base salary for PPM graduates is $80K-90K based on responses of the alumni survey (Figure 4).
Figure 4: Starting base salary for 22/39 PPM graduates based on responses to survey sent to PPM enrollment Fall 2009 - Fall 2012.