ALS 455: Marketing Management
Course Number: ALS 455
Course Name: Marketing Management
No. Units: .5
Faculty/Instructor(s): Jenny Darroch
This course focuses on marketing and its role within organizations. It introduces the marketing concept, examines its relationship to other functions in the firm and looks at techniques and frameworks used to examine marketing environments, understand consumer and organizational buying behavior, segment markets and position products, develop new products, manage existing products and promote, price and place products.
None. KGI students must complete first year management curriculum
- Understand the process of marketing management.
- In particular, understand the Problems-Solutions framework for analyzing marketing problems.
- Be familiar with a number of tools used by marketing managers to analyze a firm's external and internal environment.
- Understand key decisions related to the four P's of marketing (product, price, place and promotion), paying particular attention to product and promotion Develop skills in strategic marketing analysis and decision-making.
- Consider how current issues, such as the recession, entrepreneurship, innovation, social media and internationalization affect marketing decisions.
Two memos (individual) : 30%
Mini marketing plan and presentation (group): 30% plan, 10% presentation