Director of Career Services
Location: Building 535
Phone: (909) 607-0102
Fax: (909) 607-8086
Email: career_services[at symbol]kgi.edu
Career Services for the Corporate Community
If your organization is looking for highly skilled, multidisciplinary talent, KGI's Career Services Office (CSO) serves as the single point of contact for recruiting current students and alumni. The CSO offers the following complimentary resources for the corporate community:
- Post a job or internship at KGI. Just send your job description to career_services[at symbol]kgi.edu and it will be posted to our new on-line job boards and, if requested, sent through our specialized listservs to the appropriate current students and alumni. Be sure to include how you’d like candidates to apply.
- Prescreening of candidates for summer internships* and full-time employment. If you’d like to only receive resumés of students who specifically match your qualifications such as undergraduate major, GPA, internship area, or even a corporate cultural fit, the Career Services Office can pre-screen candidates for you. Send your job description and criteria for screening to career_services[at symbol]kgi.edu
- On-Line access to resumés. This summer, the Career Services Office is launching a new KGI On-Line Resumé book. Please check back for its availability in August.
- On-Campus Recruiting. If you are interested in interviewing several KGI candidates, CSO can facilitate with the logistics. Contact us to set up an interview date on campus. On campus recruitment takes place at KGI between September 15th and December 1st for full-time positions; between February 1st and May 1st for both internships and full-time positions. We will send the resumés for you to review in one packet, let you choose who you'd like to speak with, and make all of the logistical arrangements to get your calendar set up for the day. Call Diana Bartlett at (909) 607-8964 to set up a date and answer any questions.
- Build your corporate presence. If you anticipate hiring multiple candidates over a number of years, your organization may want to build a presence at KGI to develop a reputation as an employer of choice. Plan a company information session before your on-campus recruiting date or resumé deadline date to talk about your company and the opportunities that exist within it. (Catering fees may apply.)
Career Services collaborates with the Office of Alumni Services, Corporate Partnerships, and with KGI faculty to optimize student and alumni access to industry networks and continued opportunities for career development.
*The Industry Internship is a core component of KGI's MBS program and a degree requirement. Students complete a 10-12 week summer internship between their first and second year of the program. Career Services facilitates the interaction between intern candidates and the College Recruitment staff of bioscience organizations.