Contact UsStudent Services
Location: Building 535, Offices 29
Phone: (909) 607-0389
Fax: (909) 607-8086
Email: student_services[at symbol]kgi.edu
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
The 15th annual commencement ceremony will be held on Saturday, May 14, 2016 at 11 A.M.
Students will be provided with the option to purchase graduation photos from Grad Images. Graduates will be receiving emails with information on purchasing and proofs following the ceremony.
All students are required to have regalia to participate in the Commencement ceremony. Please make sure to return the gown to the Bookstore after commencement ceremony is completed. You may keep the tassel, however cap and gowns must be returned to the Huntley Bookstore after Commencement ceremonies. Cap and gown rentals can be picked up starting Friday, May 6.
The Huntley Bookstore is located at:
175 East Eighth Street
Claremont, CA 91711
Phone: (909) 607-1502
Fax: (909) 621-8454
Video Live streaming
Families and guests who are unable to attend the event may view the ceremony live on the web at the following link: http://kgi.starway.com/kgimay2016
General Information for Persons with Disabilities
- Wheelchairs are recommended for individuals not able to move about easily. Rental information is available.
- Designated disability seating areas are available for the Commencement ceremony on Saturday, May 14. Seating is limited in the reserved seating area.
- To discuss special accommodations for yourself or any guest(s) attending Commencement, please notify Katrina Marie B. Nierva, Associate Director of Student Services and Disability Coordinator no later than Friday, March 4.
International Students' Family Graduation Invitation Letters
In honor of your achievement, KGI will gladly issue a courtesy letter to international students with pending graduation, inviting family members to participate in their Graduation Ceremony. It does not guarantee a visa will be granted during a family member's visa interview nor is it required for the interview. KGI can only issue letters for immediate family members. To request a letter, please email the following information to international[at symbol]kgi.edu with the following information:
- Names of the immediate family members as they appear on passport
- Valid passport number
- Their relationship to you (e.g. parents, siblings, spouse)
- Completed copy of "Intent to receive Degree Certificate"
International Student Optional Practical Training
All F-1 students should consider applying for Optional Practical Training (OPT), 12 months of employment authorization. You may apply up to 90 days before graduation and no more than 60 days after graduation. Please review the F-1 Employment FAQ and the OPT checklist, both available here.
For more information or to schedule an OPT appointment, please KGI Admissions at admissions[at symbol]kgi.edu or 909-607-8590.
This year's commencement ceremony will be available for purchase for $30 (DVD will be sent to you).
Keck Graduate Institute's 2014 commencement, as well as previous commencement ceremonies, are available for online viewing.more