Contact UsStudent Services
Location: Building 535, Offices 29/30
Phone: (909) 607-0389
Fax: (909) 607-8086
Email: student_services[at symbol]kgi.edu
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Writing & Tutoring Center
Welcome to the NEW Writing & Tutoring Center (WTC) at KGI. The WTC offers FREE appointments with friendly, experienced WTC consultants to all registered KGI students. Meet with a WTC consultant to work on writing issues ranging from style and argumentation to grammar and syntax. The goal of the WTC is to help you become an effective writer and communicator in your academic or professional field.
How can a WTC consultant help you?
- Answer your questions or respond to your concerns about your paper.
- Point out areas that may need improvement - spots that are unclear, repetitive, or irrelevant.
- Help you clarify your audience, argument and purpose.
- Comment on the effectiveness of a paper's structure.
- Identify patterns of error in sentence structure or grammar.
- Refer you to resources for improving your writing.
- Help you plan and practice giving presentations.
- Help you with strategies for effective reading and notetaking for writing.
- Help you format your writing according to proper manuals of style.
- Review resumes and other documents relating to job applications, fellowships, grants, etc.
- Subject-specific tutoring services coming soon!
Types of writing projects
- Response papers
- Resumes and cover letters
- Scripts for individual and group presentations
- Papers for individual or group projects/presentations
- Argument-driven writing
The WTC has a collection of manuals of style and writing handbooks available for student use. This collection will continue to expand as more materials become available.
Mondays: 12PM – 3PM
Tuesdays: 11AM – 1PM, 3PM – 5PM
Wednesdays: 11AM – 1PM, 4-7 PM
Thursdays: 11AM – 1PM