Medication Therapy Outcomes
Pharmacists need to have specialized skills in chronic disease areas or practice settings to provide optimal patient-centered care. Skills in providing medication therapy review, and patient education and consultation; developing practice-related business models or interprofessional approaches, and utilizing evidence-based medicine and safe use of healthcare products are needed to provide optimal pharmacotherapy outcomes. Additionally graduates need to have in-depth understanding of population-based or specialty area of practice and the regulatory and safety issues associated with these various practice settings.
- Developing and utilizing evidence-based medicine and guidelines
- Managing the seven major chronic diseases
- Utilizing pharmacogenomics and diagnostics in providing personalized medicine
- Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) and other managed care organizations
- Medication therapy management or APhA certificate training in "Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services"
- Medication safety
- Specialty Pharmacy
- Home Infusion care
- Consulting Pharmacy
- Emergency Medicine and Clinical Toxicology
- Hematology-Oncology Pharmacy