Contact UsKGI Pharmacy Admissions
Phone: (909) 607-9145
Email: pharmacy.admissions[at symbol]kgi.edu
Admissions Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I have to take the labs for both Anatomy AND Physiology?
YES. The contemporary nature of the KGI PharmD curriculum incorporates a greater focus on medication therapy outcomes, Operations Management/Industry, Health IT, and Clinical/Regulatory Affairs. In order to have time to incorporate these innovative topics into the curriculum, it is expected that students will have a solid understanding of Anatomy and Physiology (including the lab) prior to entering the KGI PharmD program.
- How many students are accepted each year?
Estimated entering class size each year is 80 students.
- Do I need to take the PCAT, TOEFL or any other standardized tests?
The PCAT is not required. Official TOEFL scores are required for graduates whose Bachelor's degree is from outside the U.S.
- Can I enter in the spring semester?
No. The KGI PharmD Program admits in the fall semester only.
- Do you have rolling admission?
Yes. Seats will be filled as qualified applicants are identified. Thus it is advised for students to apply as early as possible, as seats may be filled before the final deadline occurs.
- Where do I apply?
The KGI PharmD program accepts all applications via PharmCAS.
- What should I expect for the interview?
Applicants selected for an interview will be notified by email. Interviews are typically conducted at the KGI campus in Claremont from October through April.
- What is Early Decision?
Early Decision is an opportunity for applicants to apply to one school early and ensure that their application is reviewed priority, before the majority of other applications start coming in for the cycle.
- What are the benefits of applying Early Decision?
Applying Early Decision has many benefits including:
- Securing your spot (if accepted) early for Fall 2016
- Saving the time and expense of applying to multiple schools
- Gaining more time, once accepted, to look for housing and prepare for Pharmacy School
- Where can I get the supplemental application?
Only applicants selected for an interview will be required to complete the supplemental application. The link to the supplemental application will be included in the invitation to interview email.
- Do you accept transfer courses from other PharmD programs?
No. All students will begin as first year students.
- What is the status of my application?
Once your application is verified by PharmCAS, the Pharmacy Admissions office will begin the review process. If the Pharmacy Admissions Office determines that you qualify, you will be sent an invitation to interview via email along with a link to the supplemental application.
- I have a question about a prerequisite course that is not on the prerequisite guide.
If the course you took is not listed on the prerequisite guide, please send the following information to pharmacy.admissions[at symbol]kgi.edu for review:
- Name of school
- Course number/name
- Course description
- Number of credits (semester or quarter)
- Grade you received in the course (if applicable)