Innovative Solutions to Real World Problems
KGI takes the task of a TMP seriously, regarding the project as the capstone experience for graduates of our Master of Business and Science program. The TMP replaces the traditional master’s thesis work.
By sponsoring a TMP, your organization benefits from:
- The opportunity to enjoy expanded management bandwidth without having to invest in additional permanent managerial assets
- A chance to address a specific opportunity or solve a problem that might otherwise have been relegated to a lower priority
- An integrated business/science perspective that more comprehensively analyzes a situation and recommends an action plan
- The opportunity for managers to oversee decision-making, project management, technology exploration, business analysis, and more with “best and brightest” students in the bioscience industry.
- The advantage of additional management experiences for one of your firm’s newer managers
- The opportunity to tap into the abilities of KGI graduate students – some of the brightest talent in the US.
Average TMP project length
"TMP provides a tremendous level of opportunity to help go deeper in certain areas where we didn't have the bandwidth as we were building our teams."
Former Head of Medical Affairs at Rigel
Examples of Innovative Solutions for Current Partners
TMP projects are multidisciplinary and diverse, spanning from the fields of bioprocessing and data analytics to business strategy and operations. Each project presents an opportunity for students to tackle each organization’s unique challenges. Our students are currently working on projects that can confer benefits to our partner companies in the following ways:
- Pharmaceutical Development: Develop preclinical and clinical trial designs through secondary research and target-specific market research.
- Marketing: Gain insights from key opinion leaders on developing technologies to identify current market opportunities and develop a business model
- Bioprocessing: Increase efficiency of protein engineering through primary research using bioreactors and process verification
- Business Operations: Create more efficient internal platforms to document valuable company information
- Strategy: Develop resource cost analysis and predictions to develop a company’s prioritization strategy for their current assets
- And many more