At Keck Graduate Institute (KGI) in Claremont, CA, students enrolled in the Master of Engineering in Biopharmaceutical Processing (MEng) program will:
- Develop a powerful network through hands-on coaching and mentoring by senior academic and industry experts, housed within KGI’s Amgen Bioprocessing Center.
- Obtain state-of-the-art scientific and technical skills required to take potential drug molecules from discovery to commercial application through participation in conference style lectures, seminars, individual and teamwork assignments and a capstone Team Design Project.
- Become skilled in key biomanufacturing areas including product and process development, process validation, CMC regulatory compliance and quality.
- Enhance their professional skills and obtain knowledge of management issues within the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Participate in a paid industry internship, take part in a team project sponsored by industry, or participate in research activities within the Amgen Bioprocessing Center.
- Learn essential skills required for a rewarding career in the biopharmaceutical processing.
The program’s curriculum is designed to provide students having either a science or an engineering bachelor’s degree with the skills needed to develop impactful careers within the biopharmaceutical industry. Our goal is to educate future leaders of the biotech industry.
Where Can Your MEng Degree Take You?
Here are the top career roles for KGI graduates from the MEng program:
- Process development scientist and engineer
- Regulatory scientist
- Manufacturing science and technology (MS&T) specialist
- Upstream-cell culture specialist
- Downstream-purification specialist
- Technology innovation specialist
- Project management
- Product and portfolio management
- Process design engineer
- Process technology transfer and process validation specialist
Ready for What’s Next?
If there’s anything we can do, be sure to connect with our admissions team. You can also check out more information on cost and aid and how to apply.
Interested in the MEng program?
Complete this form to receive more information!