Students enrolled in the Master of Engineering in Biopharmaceutical Processing program will:
- Develop a powerful network through hands-on coaching and mentoring by senior academic and industry experts, housed within KGI’s Amgen Bioprocessing Center.
- Obtain state-of-the-art scientific and technical skills required to take potential drug molecules from discovery to commercial application through participation in conference style lectures, seminars, individual and teamwork assignments and a capstone Team Design Project.
- Become skilled in key biomanufacturing areas including product and process development, process validation, CMC regulatory compliance and quality.
- Enhance their professional skills and obtain knowledge of management issues within the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Have opportunities to study abroad, participate in a paid industry internship, take part in a team project sponsored by industry, or participate in research activities within the Amgen Bioprocessing Center.
- Learn essential skills required for a rewarding career in the biopharmaceutical processing
The schematic below shows the course program structure at a glance. The curriculum is designed to provide students having either a science or an engineering bachelor’s degree with the skills needed to develop impactful careers within the biopharmaceutical industry. Our goal is to educate future leaders of the bioindustry.
MEng Course Program at a Glance