Students in the MS program are required to complete a total of 54.0 units comprised of:
- 12.0 units of core science courses
- 3.0 units of professional development
- 18.0 units of advanced technical electives
- 12.0 units or capstone project (thesis or TMP)
- 9.0 units of general elective courses from introductory or advanced technical or business courses or independent research or study
Core Science Courses are offered in the following formats:
Note: Courses denoted by * may be replaced with:
Capstone Projects: Students are encouraged to complete 12.0 units of a capstone project which can be a Thesis in Translational Research, Thesis in Clinical Research, or a TMP.
Professional Development: All students must complete 3.0 units of professional development in order to satisfy the MS degree graduation requirements. The ALS 360 requirement will be waived for students who pass the initial writing assessment. Waived units must be replaced with general elective units.
Genetic Disease Mechanisms
Human Molecular Genetics
Human Genetics NGS Lab