Health IT, the advancement in interactive technology and the availability of electronic health information are changing the way health care is delivered, managed, monitored and assessed. Acknowledging a rapidly changing healthcare environment and accommodating the growing demand for pharmacists who are knowledgeable in both pharmacy practice and patient-centered healthcare technology.
The pharmacist can assist in developing ways to utilize data and design interactive technology to support/enhance clinical decision making to improve quality outcomes, increase treatment/medication adherence and safety.
The certificate program will provide pharmacists with the skills to be healthcare technology leaders and to understand the value of personalized technology to improve patient wellness and healthcare quality, lower cost, increase access, improve health literacy and impact health behavior.
- Telecommunications and Computer Networks
- HIT Integration, Interoperability, & Standards
- Decision Support Systems and Health Care
- Ethical Use of Technology
- Statistics and Project Management Applied to Healthcare Informatics
- Medical Technology Acquisition and Assessment