- All prerequisite courses completed prior to entrance in the PharmD program at KGI.
- Grade of “C” or better in each prerequisite course (see the list of required prerequisite courses below)
- Minimum 2.75 cumulative grade point average (on a 4.0 scale) AND minimum 2.75 average for required prerequisite courses, AND minimum 2.75 math and science grade point average
- Submit TOEFL scores (for graduates with a bachelor’s degree from outside U.S.)
- Must be U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Transfer courses from other PharmD programs are not accepted
- Science courses must be no more than 10 years old
- All required prerequisites must be completed at a regionally accredited institution in the U.S.
- The online application must include contact information for three references. These references must include:
- One science professor or instructor that the applicant has taken an academic course with
- The remaining two references are up to the applicant, but one reference relating to pharmacy work is preferred
- Letters of Recommendation from family members are not accepted
- Admissions offers are also contingent upon satisfactory completion of a criminal background check and drug screening.
- Applicants should submit the following directly to PharmCAS:
- Sealed official transcripts from all Colleges attended. If the transcript is from a school outside the U.S., official course-by-course evaluations should be submitted. See KGI’s PharmCAS School page for a list of acceptable evaluation agencies.
- Official TOEFL scores for graduates whose Bachelor’s degree is from outside the U.S.
Ready to Apply? Visit PharmCAS
The School of Pharmacy maintains technical standards required of all students for admission, progression, and graduation. Download the document.
Required Prerequisite Courses
The following prerequisites may be completed as an undergraduate student at any university or two-year community college prior to enrollment in the Pharmacy program. If you have questions about locating a specific prerequisite, please consult our prerequisite comparison page for a list of acceptable substitutions. If you have a question about a course that is not listed on the prerequisite guide, please send the following information to email@example.com for review:
- Name of school
- Course number & course name
- Course description
- Number of credits (semester or quarter)
- Grade you received in the course (if applicable)
Economics (Micro or Macro)
Public Speaking/ Speech/ Interpersonal Communications
Courses in genetics, molecular biology, immunology, speech, and intermediate microeconomics are highly recommended.