- Official transcript documenting bachelor’s degree completed prior to entry into the program.
- Grade of “C” or better in each prerequisite course. (See the list of required prerequisite courses below.)
- Current curriculum vitae (CV) or Resume
- Personal Statement (2-3 pages in length), double-spaced. The applicant should address the following:
- Why are you interested in pursuing the Masters in Human Genetics and Genomic Data Analytics?
- What do you think is the most exciting development in the field of genomics since the Human Genome Project, and how will this development affect the field of medicine, and specifically clinical genomics, in the future?
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Letters should be from individuals who are familiar with your accomplishments, strengths, weaknesses, personal character, and potential for success in the Genomic Data Analytics program.
- Written and oral communication skills will be assessed through both the personal statement and faculty interview.
The Master of Science in Human Genetics and Genomic Data Analytics program maintains technical standards required of all students for admission, progression, and graduation. Download the document.
Required Prerequisite Courses
The following prerequisites must be completed prior to entering the program. Courses can be completed at any university or two-year community college. If you have questions about locating a specific prerequisite, please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org for review:
- Name of school
- Course number & course name
- Course description
- Number of credits (semester or quarter)
- Grade you received in the course (if applicable)
||Semester Credit Hours
||Quarter Credit Hours
Courses in statistics, computer science, biochemistry and social science are highly recommended.
*Contact us at email@example.com for information on how to fulfill the genetics requirement.
Applications will launch in September and will be reviewed on a rolling basis through the application deadline. Those selected for an interview will be required to interview with one or more faculty in the MSGDA program.