Tentative 2019 Dates (Subject to Change): June 25 – August 2
Who are we?
- Keck Graduate Institute (KGI) is the newest member of the The Claremont Colleges, which also includes the undergraduate colleges Pomona, Scripps, Claremont McKenna, Harvey Mudd, and Pitzer, as well as Claremont Graduate University.
- Among many areas, KGI also offers expertise in biotechnology, bioengineering, and computational biology, in addition to business and bioethics.
- KGI’s science faculty, researchers, and students have backgrounds in biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics, engineering, computer sciences, and related areas.
- The KGI Henry E. Riggs School of Applied Life Sciences is dedicated to education and research aimed at translating into practice, for the benefit of society, the power and potential of the life sciences.
- KGI offers a number of innovative programs and post graduate-level degree curricula that integrate life sciences, pharmacy, genetics, engineering, and business with a focus on industry projects, internships, and team collaborations
- KGI employs an entrepreneurial approach and industry connections that provide pathways for students to become leaders in healthcare and the applied life sciences
Where are we located?
KGI is located in Claremont, CA, just southeast of the village. Click here for a map and driving directions.
What do we offer for high school students?
KGI offers a limited number of unpaid internship opportunities for high school students to gain hands-on research experience, and learn about the pursuit of a science or engineering related college education and career.
Read about Jhaline Mast, a high school student from Claremont HS who participated in the program during the Summer of 2017.
For High School Summer STEM Program inquiries, please contact:
Kiana Aran, PhD