- This event has passed.
It’s a great time to clean out your medicine cabinet!
Drug Take Back Day has become an annual tradition for KGI and the City of Claremont. Protect our kids, pets, families, and environment by properly disposing of your unwanted and expired medicines. Medicines in the home are a leading cause of accidental poisoning. Flushed or trashed medicines can end up polluting our waters. Rates of prescription drug abuse are alarmingly high—over half of individuals misusing or abusing medicines get them from a family member or friend, including the home medicine cabinet, and often without that person’s knowledge.
- Expired or unwanted solid or liquid prescription or over-the-counter medications (with or without original containers)
- Controlled and non-controlled medications
- Inhalers (aerosol inhalers, dry powder inhalers)
- Sharps (syringes, insulin pens, lancets)
Items we can’t accept:
- Illicit drugs
- Mercury Thermometers
Back by popular demand:
Need to drop off your unused medications but on a time crunch? Stop by our Drive Thru!
- Using and storing medications properly
- Protecting children from accidental drug poisoning and intentional drug abuse
- Educating kids and teens about drug abuse
- Prescription drug abuse and opioid overdose prevention with naloxone
- And more!