A former research associate for Chadwick Martin Bailey, a Boston-based market research and strategy firm, Dr. Motyka has worked on projects for several major companies, including CIGNA, Electronic Arts, Staples, Avis Budget Group, Geico, Dell and Facebook. As the former Assistant Director of the Retail Supply Chain Institute at Babson College, he has worked has co-chaired conferences on topics such as redefining the customer value proposition through social media and innovations in retailing.
PhD, Developmental and Social Psychology, Brandeis University
MBA, Marketing, Babson College
MS, Experimental Psychology, Brandeis University
Dr. Motyka combines a consumer psychology background with industry and academic experience in marketing to bring a thoughtful, experiential approach to graduate business education. He has earned a PhD in Developmental and Social Psychology as well as an MS in Experimental Psychology from Brandeis University. Additionally, he has earned an MBA in Marketing from Babson College and joins KGI after teaching at Northeastern University.
- Motyka, S., Grewal, D., Puccinelli, N. M., Roggeveen, A. L., Avnet, T., Daryanto, A., Ruyter, K. d., & Wetzels, M. (2014). Regulatory fit: A meta-analytic synthesis, Journal of Consumer Psychology, (July).
- Puccinelli, N. M., Andrzejewski, S. A., Markos, E., Noga, T., & Motyka, S.(2013). The value of knowing what customers really want: The impact of salesperson ability to read non-verbal cues of affect on service quality. Journal of Marketing Management, 29(3-4), 356-373.
- Puccinelli, N., Motyka, S., & Grewal, D. (2010). Can you trust a customer’s expression? Insights into nonverbal expression. Psychology & Marketing, 27(10), 964-988.
- Grewal, D., Motyka, S., Puccinelli, N., Roggeveen, A., Daryanto, A., Ruyter, K., & Wetzels, M. (2010). Understanding how to achieve competitive advantage through regulatory fit: A meta-analysis. MSI Working Paper Series, 10-117.
- Nicolini, T., Hackmann, B., & Motyka, S., (2013). Retailing in India: The impact of hypermarkets, in Retailing Management, 9th edition, New York, NY: McGraw Hill.
- Covens, L., Levy, M., Grewal, D., & Motyka, S., (2013). Target and its new generation of partnerships, in Retailing Management, 9th edition, New York, NY: McGraw Hill.
- Munger, J. L., Woodworth, K., Grewal, D., Levy, M., & Motyka, S., (2013). Walmart: Pioneer in supply chain management, in Retailing Management, 9th edition, New York, NY: McGraw Hill.
- Weitz, B., & Motyka, S., (2013). Build-A-Bear Workshop: Where best friends are made, in Retailing Management, 9th edition, New York, NY: McGraw Hill.
- Grewal, D., & Motyka, S. [in preparation]. Natick Mall Fashion Study: Understanding Customer Segments.