Course Withdrawal Procedure

A student who withdraws from a course after the official drop date (and before the final date to drop with a “W”) will receive a notation of “W” on their transcript for the course. Students who choose to withdraw from a course, must first contact the program director or course coordinator. It is the student’s responsibility to submit the Add/Drop Forms to the Office of the Registrar. The form must be submitted during the semester during which the course in question occurs, and in accordance with the deadlines posted in the academic calendar and may not be made retroactively. Neither a grade nor credit will be given for a withdrawal; if successful completion of the class is required for graduation, the student may attempt the class again.

A student may request to petition for a late drop/course withdrawal by submitting an Academic Petition. Please visit the Academic Petitions page for further information on this procedure.

School Withdrawal Procedure

A student requesting to voluntarily withdraw is required to submit a completed Request to Withdrawal form to the Office of the Registrar, which will notify the appropriate departments for necessary actions. A withdrawal is not complete until the required form is signed by the student, Program Director, Financial Aid, and Student Accounts. If the student is an international student, there must also be a signature from a Designated School Official. Every effort should be made by the student to assure that no misunderstandings or errors occur in the withdrawal process.

A student who leaves the school without completing the established withdrawal procedures within 30 days will automatically be administratively withdrawn from KGI.

Readmission for Students Who Have Withdrawn from the Program

A student who voluntarily withdraws and is “in good academic standing” (i.e., not on academic probation) must reapply through the readmissions process for consideration back into a program. A student should contact the Admissions department to initiate the process by July 1st for the fall, November 1st for the spring, and March 1st for the summer semesters.