KGI is committed to enriching society with breakthrough approaches to education and translational research. Diversity of backgrounds, cultures, disciplines, identities, and thought within our community serves as a catalyst for collaboration and excellence in all of our pursuits. KGI’s welcoming, diverse environment provides the opportunity for our students to think creatively and critically, communicate and interact effectively, and act ethically and respectfully. The active and open-minded engagement of every member of our community is vital to achieving the goals of the institution.
KGI is advancing diversity and equity in higher education, and with a higher representation of students of color than the national average, our student body affirms it.
Click on the chart to enlarge it.
Diversity in KGI’s Student Clubs and Organizations
There are more than 50 student clubs and organizations at KGI. Many of them focus on community outreach and/or unifying diverse groups of underrepresented students. Here is a spotlight on a few of those clubs, organizations, and events:
- Asian American Association (AAA)
- California Korean-American Pharmacists Association
- C.A.R.E. (Community.Advocacy.Resource.Education)
- Desi Club
- Global Medical Brigades
- Pan-African Students Union
- Pilipino Graduate Students Association
- Queer Graduate Union
- Spanish Club
- Students Against Social Inequality
- Students Society of Fertility and Women’s Wellness
- Vietnamese American Pharmacy Student Association
- Women on Wheels
- Spanish Medical Consults Club
- Breaking Bread