KGI takes complaints and concerns regarding the institution very seriously. If a student has a complaint regarding the Institute or one of its schools, the student may present a complaint or grievance according to the applicable policies and procedures found in the school’s student handbook.

If the student believes that a complaint or grievance warrants further attention after exhausting the procedures set forth in the student handbook, the student has the following options.

If the complaint is about the institution’s compliance with academic program quality and accrediting standards, the student may contact the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) at WASC is the general academic accrediting body for Keck Graduate Institute.  In addition, the Accrediting Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the professional accrediting body for the School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, has a complaint process for Schools of Pharmacy.

State of California Complaint Process

An individual may contact the Bureau for Postsecondary Education for review of a complaint.  The bureau may be contacted at

Address: Bureau for Postsecondary Education
2535 Capital Oaks Drive, Suite 400
Sacramento, CA 95833
Telephone: (916) 431-6924
FAX: (916) 263-1897

The student may file a complaint with the Bureau of Private Postsecondary Education (“Bureau”) using the Bureau’s complaint form.  The Bureau may review and, as appropriate, act on the complaint, or may refer the complaint to an appropriate state agency or entity for resolution (e.g. to WASC, ACPE, California Student Aid Commission, Attorney General’s office, various state licensing bodies) or request reconsideration by KGI.  The Bureau retains the responsibility to determine whether a referred complaint remains pending or is resolved.

Nothing in this disclosure limits any right that the student may have to seek civil or criminal legal action to resolve his or her complaint.

KGI has provided this disclosure in compliance with the requirements of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended, as regulated in CFR 34 §600.9, and the California Education Code §94874.9.

July 1, 2015