Our Commitment to Privacy
When you access our Web pages, the client information and the essential and nonessential technical information listed below is automatically collected—we refer to those categories collectively as “access information.” No other information is collected through our official website except “optional information” sent to us by email or online forms.
Automatically Collected Access Information
- Client information: The Internet domain and Internet address of the computer you are using.
- Essential technical information: Identification of the page or service you are requesting, type of browser, and operating system you are using and the date and time of access.
- Nonessential technical information: The Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our website and the “cookie information” described below.
- Personal Data: When you send us an email we may collect your email address, your name, and the content of your email.
- Form Data: When you complete online forms, all the data you choose to fill in or confirm, including credit or debit card information if you are making a payment.
The Way We Use Information
Client information is used to route the requested Web page to your computer for viewing. In theory, the requested Web page and the routing information could be discerned by other entities involved in transmitting the requested page to you. We do not control the privacy practices of those entities. Essential and nonessential technical information helps us respond to your request in an appropriate format (or in a personalized manner) and helps us plan website improvements. Optional information enables us to provide services or information tailored more specifically to your needs or to forward your message or inquiry to another entity that is better able to do so and also allows us to plan website improvements.
Use of Links
At various points in our web, we provide links to other servers that may contain information of interest to our readers. We take no responsibility for and exercise no control over the views or accuracy of the information contained on these outside websites. Also, if you wish to make a text link from your website to any portion of ours, you may do so without asking permission.
Use of Text and Images
If you would like to publish information that you find on our website, or use our logo or images, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This website is designed to be accessible to visitors with disabilities and to comply with federal guidelines concerning accessibility. If you have suggestions on how to make the site more accessible, please contact us at email@example.com.
Family Educational Rights and Privacy (FERPA)
The Institute is bound by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) regarding the release of student education. A guide to understanding FERPA is available in the office of the Registrar. The full text of KGI’s policy with regard to FERPA can be found at kgi.edu/ferpa.
Questions About Our Policies
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.