Build proficiency in understanding and constructing computer aided designs for use with prototyping, product development, and design communication. The course will culminate with the Certified SolidWorks Associate – Academic exam. Students entering as a Certified SolidWorks Associate (CSWA), will work towards the CSWP exam.
- Describe and apply features in the design of solid parts
- Describe and apply basic functions in the design of an assembly
- Generate a solid model from engineering drawings
- Generate an assembly from engineering drawings
- Create an original model and assembly based on design specifications
- Successfully complete the Certified SolidWorks Associate (CSWA) exam