Dr. Aran received her undergraduate degree in electrical engineering at the City University of New York in 2007 and her Ph.D in biomedical engineering at Rutgers University in 2012. She then continued her postdoctoral studies in bioengineering at the University of California Berkeley and was a recipient of National Institutes of Health (NIH) postdoctoral training fellowship at the Buck Institute for Age Research in 2015. She joined KGI in January 2017 as an Assistant Professor.
1. Aran, K., Chooljian, M., Paredes, J., Rafi, M., Lee, K., Kim, A. Y., An, J., Yau, J. F., Chum, H., Conboy I., Murthy, N., Liepmann, D. (2017). An oral microjet vaccination system elicits antibody production in rabbits. Science Translational Medicine, 9(380).
2. K. Aran, J. Paredes, M. Rafi, J. Yau, AP. Acharya, M. Zibinskey, D. Liepmann, N. Murthy, Stimuli Responsive Electrodes Detect Oxidative Stress and Liver Injury. Advanced Material (Featured Front Piece), 2015, 8(25), 1432-1436.
3. K. Lee, M. Rafi, X. Wang, K. Aran, X. Feng, R. Tang, N. Murthy, In vivo delivery of transcription factors with multifunctional oligonucleotides, Nature Material, 2015, 14, 701-706.
4. S.Viswanathan, TN.Narayanan, K. Aran, K. Fink, J. Paredes, PM. Ajayan, D. Liepmann, V. Renu-gopalakrishanan, Graphene-protein field effect biosensors: glucose sensing, 2015, Materials Today, 2015, 18(9), 513-522.
5. K. Aran, A. Fok, Y. Guan, Q. Sun, J. D. Zahn and A. Ündar, Differential Immune Activation During Simulated Cardiopulmonary Bypass Procedure using Freshly Drawn and Week-Old Blood. Artificial Organs, 2010, 34, 1048-1053.
6. K. Aran, L.A. Sasso, N. Kamdar, and J.D. Zahn. Irreversible, direct bonding of nanoporous polymer membranes to PDMS or glass microdevices. Lab on a Chip, 2010, 10(5), 548-552.
7. K. Aran, L.A. Sasso, N. Kamdar, and J.D. Zahn. Irreversible, direct bonding of nanoporous polymer membranes to PDMS or glass microdevices. Lab on a Chip, 2010, 10(5), 548-552.
8. K. Aran, A. Fok, L.A. Sasso, N. Kamdar, Y. Guan, Q. Sun, A. Undar, and J.D. Zahn, Microfiltration Platform for Continuous Blood Plasma Protein Extraction from Whole Blood during Cardiac Surgery. Lab on a Chip, 2011, 11(17), 2858-2868.
9. L.A. Sasso, K. Aran, F. Qiu, J. D. Zahn and A. Ündar, Continuous Monitoring of Systemic Inflammation during Cardiopulmonary Bypass Procedure with a Microfluidic Immunoassay Device. Artificial Organs, 2013, 37, 9-17.
K. Aran, D. Liepmann, N. Murthy. “Ingestible Active Agent Delivery Devices, and Methods of Using the Same” (US BK-2014-192)
K. Aran, J. Perades, N. Murthy, D. Liepmann. “Stimuli Responsive Sensors and Methods of Using the Same (US 62/057,894)