If you are considering changing your degree program, please read the information below and contact the appropriate offices.

Please read the following information prior to completing the petition form below.

For Postbaccalaureate Premedical Certificate (PPC) students who complete the certificate program and then plan to stay at KGI for a master’s degree, you will need to discuss your options with the director of the PPC program and if you intend to stay at KGI after you complete the certificate, you’ll need to complete the petition form, linked on this page, and indicate which program you intend to complete. The deadline is December 1 of the fall semester but may be extended in certain cases.

Some Master of Business and Science (MBS) students, during their time at KGI, change to the Master of Science in Applied Life Sciences program or one of KGI’s certificate programs. If you are considering this change, you should first discuss your options with the Division of Student Affairs. You will need to complete the petition form, linked on this page, at least one week prior to the start of the semester in which you will begin the intended new program if you decide to change programs.

All students exploring the option of changing programs should review the attached petition form and discuss their options with the appropriate faculty/staff member(s). Generally, a 3.0 GPA is required and a student cannot request this change while on academic probation. You may be asked to provide a transcript for approval from certain offices.

Approvals are required from the Program Director/Admissions Officer of the current and intended new program as well as the Student AffairsFinancial Aid and Registrar’s Offices. If you are an international student, you will need approval from the International Student Advisor. Once your petition is complete, please submit to the Registrar’s Office for final approval from the Dean’s Office.

Feel free to contact the Registrar’s Office if you need assistance in contacting the right person for each approval on the petition form, or for questions on degree or certificate requirements.