Please read the frequently asked questions before contacting the Office of the Registrar. Reviewing the FAQ will likely answer your question sooner than waiting for a response from the Registrar.

  • First check the Academic Calendar to ensure that you are adding or dropping a class before the deadline. If it is after the deadline, you need to submit an academic petition. If you are adding or dropping a class before the deadline, pick up an “Add/Drop” form from the clear paper tray in front of the Registrar’s Office in Building 215, Room 100. Fill out the form. It is generally recommended, and sometimes necessary, for your academic advisor to sign the form. (e.g. the class is over-enrolled). Place your completed form into the metal box outside the Registrar’s Office. You should receive an email within one business day confirming that your form has been processed.

  • Visit the transcripts page.

  • First, determine the specific course you want to take. Check out courses at Claremont Graduate University (including Drucker School of Management). *Please note, your program director will need to approve all courses taken at CGU.

    For all courses other than Drucker MGT courses, you will need to get instructor approval. DO NOT contact Drucker Faculty for approval.

    Email for the Cross-Registration form. Within 2-3 business days of receiving your form and instructor and program director approval, you’ll be notified by the registrar on your status for the course. ** Completing this process does not guarantee enrollment, as registration is based on available seats in the course.

    If you decided to drop a course that you are cross-registered for, you MUST contact the KGI registrar in order to do so.

  • Fill out an Academic Petition.

  • You will need to confirm that KGI has received an official transcript containing proof of conferral of your previous degree. If you haven’t done so, contact your prior institution’s Registrar and have them send a transcript to:  

    Keck Graduate Institute Office of the Registrar
    535 Watson Drive 
    Claremont, CA 91711  

    Additionally, you will need to submit an “Intent to Receive a Degree/Certificate” form to the Registrar. You may pick up a form from outside the Office of the Registrar, fill it out, and turn it into the metal box. You may also download it, print it, fill it out and turn it into the metal box. PLEASE be careful to fill out the whole form.

  • It is generally required that your GPA be above 3.0, however exceptions may be made on a case by case basis. Be aware of deadlines relevant to your situation, by thoroughly reading the Intent to Change Program form. Fill it out and submit it to the Office of the Registrar.

  • Fill out the Major Change documents and submit it to the Office of the Registrar.

  • Always use this URL to log in:
    Copy this link exactly as it is now (not after using it) and bookmark it for future use.

    In the CAS window that displays, use the drop-down to select Keck Graduate Institute, and fill in your normal login details. This should open to your Canvas dashboard.

    canvas login sso

    If you do not get into Canvas after this, please send an email to Help Desk and  Danny Zamora.

    If you do get in, please send an email to Danny Zamora.

  • Visit the Empower student portal – bookmark this page. For “username” input your assigned KGI user ID. Your user ID should consist of you first initial and up to 5 letters of your last name, followed by your 2-digit enrollment year. (e.g. pfry14) Use your KGI assigned password unless you have since changed it. If you cannot recall your password, click on “Forgot Password” and follow the directions.